Holding annual or biannual family meetings is a remarkable tradition, where everyone can kill their homesickness, monitor the progress of their children and grandchildren, and learn about each other’s news. Family meetings also allow family members to make the bond stronger.
Some large families have a tradition of holding annual meetings, where all members come from afar, meet, and keep up to date, know the news about everyone who is part of it. Some prefer extended holidays like Christmas or Easter.
1. The reason may be to get everyone together, or even the grandparents’ wedding anniversary, someone’s wedding, a child’s graduation, etc.
2. Talk to those involved, especially direct relatives who can help with the organization of the event.
3. Make invitations and send them to family members in advance, especially those who live far away.
4. Rent a farm or a sports or events center.
5. Distribute the tasks, for example, who will take care of the barbecue, the salads, and someone else who takes care of the desserts. Someone takes care of the children’s games, and someone else can develop games for adults, activities, and decorations.
6. Check everyone’s papers one month before, and two weeks back to see if everything is in order.
7. The day before, check with those who have chores regarding the food to be served, as well as for decoration, activities, and see if anything is missing, which needs adjustment in the last hours.
8. On the day of the meeting, ask several people to go to the place early to prepare everything and wait for the members’ arrival, where everyone can collaborate and bring something.
9. Enjoy, catch up, catch up with your family, and be very careful not to hurt anyone.
10. The order is to make unforgettable memories.